The population of the island is about 1800 people, compared with more than 3 million worshippers and tourists in a year visit island from the inside and outside the country. However, it is quiet after the sunset.
Goju no to (Five-Storied Pagoda)
Five-Storied Pagoda appointed for national important cultural properties. About 28 meters in height. It was built in 1407, and is colored the inside of Five-Storied Pagoda.
Japan web magazine’s recommend
Itsukushima shrine DATA
- Location： 1-1 Hatsukaichi Miyajima, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Transportation（By train）: 10min walk to “Miyajimaguchi pier” from JR Miyajimaguchi Station, and 10 min by ferry. Then 15 min walk from Miyajima pier.
- Hours： 6:30 to 18:00 (with variations by season)
- Admission： Adults 300Yen / High school Student 200 Yen / under 15 100Yen
- Phone： 0829-44-2020
- Website： Miyajima Tourist Association