Asahiyama Zoo in Asahikawa
The Asahiyama zoo (旭山動物園 asahiyama doubutsuen) located in Asahikawa, Hokkaido is one of the most popular zoos in Japan. They have more than 2 million visitors per year. It is the northernmost zoo in the country. In winter, you can see the Penguin parade in the zoo.
Japan web magazine’s recommend
Asahiyama zoo DATA
- Address： Kuranuma Higashi-Asahikawa-cho Asahikawa-city, Hokkaido
- Access (By Bus from Asahikawa Station)： Take No. 41, 42 or 47 from Asahikawa Station to Asahiyama Zoo. It takes about 45 minutes and costs 400 Yen. There are approximately two buses per hour.
- Access (By Taxi from Asahikawa Station)： About 30 minutes and costs about 3,500 Yen
- Access (By Bus from Asahikawa Airport)： Take Asahikawa Denki Kido No.78 Bus for Asahiyama Zoo. It takes about 35 minutes and costs 500 Yen.
- Hours： : Summer: 9:30 to 17:15 (entry until 16:15)
Winter: 10:30 to 15:30 (entry until 15:00)
- Closed： New Year (December 30 to January 1)
A few days between the summer and winter seasons:
– April 8 to 28, 2011
– November 4 to 17, 2011
- Parking： Yes
- Admission： Adults 800Yen Children FREE Year Pass: 1,000Yen
- Phone： 0166-36-1104